Monday, June 6, 2011

no news is good news

I feel like the past six months have flown by and stood still, does that make any sense?ha! Lots has been going on, good and bad and at  times the bad has stopped me from doing the fun things in life. I do see the sunshine on the other side and we all will get there soon enough. Heart break shouldn't stop you from living your life and finding joy...even if it is in the small things.. We have SO much to be thankful for! My brother is having his first child this summer and we couldn't be more excited to have another baby in the family!!! I can't wait to get my hands on him sometime in late July or early August!!!
 We did have our yard sale to raise money for our adoption and it was my first experience organizing one, boy, is it some hard work! So many of our friends came out to support us and assisted in baking pies, brownies, bread ect, for us to sell at the yard sale or donating their things for us to sell. I could get all emotional about it.... Mike and I really felt loved and supported by you all!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
We now have a leg up and the total for the yard/bake sale was 1,600 SMACKERS!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?! On the adoption note.... we have no new news ...it will be a slow process for us as we will raise the money as we go and inch a little closer. For those of you who haven't heard we chose Bulgaria (Eastern Europe) after prayerfully considering  the three options  that were available to us, which were Russia, Ethiopia and Bulgaria.
 Our sweet Nolan turns five on the 19th of this month and I am having a hard time with it!:( His little life has gone by SO fast already!! He of course is SO excited and has requested a Scooby-Doo birthday, so i better start looking!ha!
 Time is goes by so fast and I want to be pouring God into my children and praying for them everyday that they will love the God with all of their hearts. It's hard to get the everyday stuff in and their spiritual growth..there is so much we are responsible for as parents and teaching them about God is a huge one that I don't take lightly! But, I surely can not accomplish any of it with out God guiding me, which means I need to have God first in my life. It always starts with us,the parents, little eyes are watching us and will learn how to be God fearing people only from their parents. What am I teaching my children? What do they see when they look at me?
Peyton's last day of Kindergarten is today., so let summer break begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment